I made this corn chowder twice the week of the great blizzard of 2011. It was so good, comforting and just yummy. With the weather warming up and the snow melting, I know I am a little late. I’ve been super busy–which is a good thing for Ste Martaen. I have a to-do list a mile long and I purposely didn’t take the 4 year old to pre-k today so that I could accomplish writing to you at the very least.
Recipe: Corn Chowder
- 1/2 stick of vegan margarine
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4-5 small red potatoes, cubed
- 3 thyme sprigs 2 teaspoons of salt or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne
- 6 cups of water mixed with 1 T of Better than Bouillon (Vegan Chicken Flavor)
- 6 cups of corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup of MimicCreme
- Fresh Chives (optional)
- In a large pot over medium high heat, add the vegan margarine.
- Once the margarine has melted, add the onions and cook until translucent.
- Add the potatoes, salt, thyme, cayenne, stock and corn.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low.
- Once everything is cooked through, turn off the heat and use an immersion blender to blend everything.
- Turn the chowder back on to a low simmer and add a cup of the MimicCreme.
- Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Garnish with fresh chives and dig in.
This recipe is a veganized version of the corn chowder recipe from Cooking School Secrets for Real World Cooks by Linda Carucci