This post is by request. I made risotto per the request (sensing a theme here) of my husband and he was so moved he tweeted about it. There aren’t many things that my husband gets emotional about, but when he tweeted that this risotto, had him curled up in a fetal position from utter bliss, one of our readers/customers requested that I go public with this recipe.
There are no pictures because my camera is acting funny and the cost to have it fixed professionally is more than my rent, literally.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 1/2 cups of arborio rice
- 4 cups of water (with 1 heaping tablespoon of Better than Bouillon no chicken base) stirred in
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- couple turns of fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon of vegan margarine
- 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast
- bunch of chopped fresh spinach or parsley or herb of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- In a dutch oven or oven proof pan, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent.
- Add crushed garlic and rice, stirring to coat all the grains in oil.
- Stir in your liquid, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Cover, transfer to oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, over low heat, stir in about a 1/2 cup of water, chopped spinach, vegan margarine.
- If the consistency of the risotto is not as creamy as you would like, add a bit more water.
- Serve hot & immediately.