After the holidays, it’s good to get some fiber in your life. Feeling a little tired and sluggish? This fruit salad will cure the holiday blues and get you back up and running! This is fruit like you’ve never had it before and you don’t have to turn your stove on…I promise.
The best thing about this fruit salad is that there are no rules! You can swap in and swap out ingredients to your personal liking and fancy. Fruit covered in a creamy peanut butter sauce, with nuts, raisins and shredded coconut.
For this go round, we are going to use pears, apples and bananas.
Chop the fruit in each person’s bowl and make sure you get everyone’s specifications. My eldest eats apples and pears, no bananas. My middle son eats bananas and pears, no apples. My baby son eats, bananas, apples and pears. I prefer apples and pears. It can get a little confusing… But that’s what mothers are for, to decipher the code of what everybody eats. Now it’s time to make the creamy, dreamy peanut butter sauce.
Grab any vegan milk of your choice.
For the four of us I pour in about 2.5-3 cups of milk. Add a banana or two to the blender.
Add about a teaspoon or two of Brewers Yeast.
A heaping tablespoon of raw unrefined coconut oil.
A scoop of vegan protein powder.
Don’t forget the peanut butter, about half a cup should do.
Add some Agave for sweetness.
A dash of cinnamon and maybe even some nutmeg if you have it.
Garnish with your choosing. I chose raisins, shredded coconut and pecans. Delicious. (Other sauce options include swapping out peanut butter and using tahini, which is my husband’s preference.)
No animals were harmed in the creation of this dish!
- 2.5-3 cups of Vegan Milk (Almond, Soy or Hemp)
- 2 teaspoons of Brewers Yeast (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon of raw unrefined coconut oil
- 1 scoop of vegan vanilla protein powder (we use Spirutein)
- 1/2 c of natural peanut butter
- agave or dates for sweetener
- cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
- optional garnish
- Chop the fruit in each person’s bowl and make sure you get everyone’s specifications.
- Blend all the ingredients and top with optional garnish such as raisins, nuts and/or shredded coconut.